Meego Harmattan Projects
Local Root Exploitation & Escape from Aegis
- Ongoing research on breaking out of the Aegis sandbox
- Can an installed application run untrusted code?
- Can an installed application elevate permissions?
- Is the WebKit process sandboxing sufficient?
- Does Qt itself have problems?
Past Linux Security Experience
- Mempodipper Exploit for CVE-2012-0056
- Calibre Exploits for CVE-2011-4124, CVE-2011-4125, and CVE-2011-4126
- PolicyKit Pwnage Exploit for CVE-2011-1485
- LD_AUDIT Exploit for CVE-2010-3856
- Netgraph Exploit for CVE-2008-5736
- TCP_MAXSEG Exploit for CVE-2010-4165
Networking & Connectivity Utilities
VPN Tunnel Manager
- Easy GUI for managing the configuration of:
- OpenVPN connection
- Iodine DNS connection
- Current status: Iodine working well.
PulseAudio Remote Audio Interface
- Manager for sending PulseAudio streams to remote servers.
- Easy interface that detects local PA servers with mdns and populates QML list.
- Current status: Capable of sending audio to remote server and using telephone as remote mic.
Google Voice Integration
- Full Qt Quick GUI for managing Google Voice account
- Integration with native SMS app
- Current status: Able to hook SMS in and out via telepathy APIs and the Nokia GSM DBus service.
- Very simple project.
- Easy way of exporting vcards for backup and transferring.
- Current status: Finished. Information here.
© Copyright 2011-2012 Jason A. Donenfeld. All Rights Reserved.